Monday, September 27, 2010

Illinois

Dang. That's hot! It's starting to cool off here a lot. It got back up to the 80s for a couple days. But now it's actually starting to get chilly.
That's awesome that they (Matthew's soccer team) won their game! Yay!  Too bad he had to play the whole thing in blisteringly hot weather though. They should keep them in the same positions most of the season. I think that's a big problem with how the coaches have been doing things. There is no specialization. They're trying to learn all the positions still, but since all the positions are different it just mixes them up. Yeah it sounds boring to play the same position every game. But at this point I honestly think it would be best for them.
I almost got to coach soccer in Washington, IA. For service there the missionaries volunteer at the YMCA, and what they have us do is coach like 8-9 year olds. It wasn't the season while I was there though  :( Shucks.
 
You could get a job. I think you would make a good employee :) 
 
That's funny that she (Sarah) cut his (David's) hair. It gets easier after a while. (I should know, I've been cutting my own hair for a year now lol). Skype is pretty sweet. Dan (one of my recent converts in Iowa City) did IT at the university. He talked about how awesome skype is, but the university wouldn't let them use it because it was too easy to hack.
 
Things are going all right here. I want to get back to the Iowa side of the mission. Things are different here. It's honestly like being in a completely different mission because, well, just recently it was a different mission. But you could also do some studying on the curses of Illinois and stuff... You know the history. Things in Iowa are better haha.
 
I don't know what I could really say about the mission president. He's different. Not in a bad way. He's good. But just, different. The feeling is different. Can't say who I like better. They're both good.
 
Awesome about the sisters having a baptism in the ward!
 
Hope everything is going well. Hope you have a good week!
Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment